Avedas mission is to care for the world we live in, from the products we make to the way in which we give back to communities around the world. They strive to set an example for environmental leadership and responsibility, not just in the world of beauty, but around the world.
A-Veda means “all knowledge” in Sanskrit. Its roots are planted in Ayurveda, an ancient healing art in India and other indigenous wisdom’s that take a holistic approach to life and wellness, with a focus on cultivating balance. Which echoes in everything they do, to the way the products perform to the way they are produced.
Aveda ensures integrity and quality by using organically grown flowers and plants wherever possible. They build relationships with indigenous people, farmers and brokers who are in alignment with our philosophy of sustainable agriculture. They constantly take environmental action on many levels, that includes living the “reduce, reuse, recycle” ethos.
- 90% of the tonnage of essential oils we purchase for use in manufacturing our products is certified organic or bio-dynamic.
- 89% of our raw herbal materials are also certified organic.
- Complete tractability of certified organic ingredients, from the raw source to the finished product.
- Shampoo bottles made with a minimum of 80% post consumer recycled content, are made from recycled milk bottles and can be recycled after use.
- 100% of the electrical usage at Aveda’s corporate office, distribution centre and primary manufacturing facility in Blaine, Minnesota, is now offset with its wind energy purchase.
- 18 million US dollars has been raised for environmental and social causes to date through Aveda’s Earth Month Campaigns.
- No animal testing